The American Public Works Association (APWA) - Shasta Cascade Branch is sponsoring a $1,000 scholarship for junior college or four-year college/university students who are in a public works curriculum and who intend to be enrolled in a four-year college/university in the fall of 2018. Your field of study must be one that could eventually lead to a career in the public works field.
The requirements are as follows:
1. The applicant must be currently enrolled in a junior college and have completed their lower division work by June 2018 or are currently enrolled in an accredited four year college/university.
2. The applicant must intend to enroll or is currently enrolled as a full-time student in a four-year college or university for the fall semester of 2018.
3. The field of study must be in a branch of Engineering or Construction Management that could lead to a career in the public works field; such as civil engineering, environmental engineering, traffic engineering, construction management, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying technology etc.
4. Proof of residence or graduation from a high school or junior college in the Shasta Cascade area (i.e. Siskiyou, Modoc, Trinity, Shasta, Lassen, Tehama, Plumas, Butte, or Glenn County) over the past two years must be provided. This would include a current mailing address of the parents and/or student, high school or junior college diploma.
The criteria for selection will be based upon:
1. Applicants academic achievements.
2. Applicants character, work experience, and dedication to completion of his/her goals.
3. Applicants participation in school and community activities.
4. Applicants financial need.
The submittal package consisting of an Application, a Personal Statement (500 words maximum), and current transcripts (or other acceptable record of college grades) should be completed and must be submitted electronically via email. The submittal package shall have a date stamp no later than Friday, July 27, 2018 and should be sent to the following email address: